Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jeremy has had the computer the last two days so I have not posted anything. There really has not been too much excitement around here even though there is never a dull moment. The kids are all feeling much better and are back to their normal behavior. Yesterday we stayed home and I tried to get some housework done. I am also in the process of getting organized around here. I am a little concerned about my sanity now that I am home every day, so I made a list of things that drive me crazy and I am trying to get a better solution for those issues. For example, the kids have a bunch of puzzles and games in their rooms. They like to play with them but they never put them away or they leave the pieces all over the floor. So I have collected all the games and puzzles and have put the in separate containers that I am going to store somewhere else and let them play with them an hour or so a day. So that is what I worked on yesterday. Today was rainy and gross but I decided to get out for an hour or so. We went to the local grocery store and them I took the kids to Sonic to get a sandwich. We got home and the girls went down for a nap. I have not really given an update on the kids lately so I thought I would share a few things about the kids. 

Samuel- He is all about "saving the princess" these days. He plays like he is a king or prince trying to save the princess. His new favorite movie is Horton Hears a Who. He is always saying things that seem so grown up and he keeps us laughing. He is also getting more stubborn. We bought some SOS pads that were lemon scent and he wanted to argue with me about why he could not eat them because they clearly had a lemon on them and so they must be food. He also still having major issues about sleeping in his bed. He has always been a mommas boy but for some reason he has been extra clingy to me the past few weeks. 

Emma- She is my girly girl. She loves anything that has to do with lipstick and sunglasses and hair products. Her new favorite word is "YA". When she is doing something she should not be doing she looks at us and in the cutest voice she says "Hi". She also is very concerned about doing everything her brother does. It is sometimes cute but it is also frustrating. The other day they were eating animal crackers and I was giving them two at a time. Sam came back to get another one and she came right behind him. She still had one in her hand. When I pointed this out she shoved it in her mouth and about chocked getting it down just to keep up with Sam. Today Sam wanted some chocolate milk and she of course wanted the same. She had a cup full of juice so she gulped down her juice just to get the milk. It is pretty crazy but she definitely is learning new things. 

Chloe- She still in not saying much but she knows what we are saying. She wants whatever Emma has in her hand and she is not afraid to use force to get it. I have to watch her at lunch and supper (or anytime there is food involved) because she will finish her plate and then she tries to take the other kids food. She actually tried to take a chicken nugget out of Emma's mouth. She is into everything and it takes three spankings before she realizes she should not be doing something. When she does something she knows she shouldn't (hitting her sister) she curls her nose up trying to fake that she is crying. She is however my only child that sleeps through the night. We have been working on keeping her in the kitchen with her drink and snack but it is a hard habit to break. She spills whatever is in her bowl and it is one of those issues that drive me crazy. 
The girls have been playing more together these days and they all seem to be interacting better. The girls are my little shadows. They like to help my clean up and they are always around when I am getting ready. They get their brush and make-up stuff and get ready with me. The kids got a little table and chairs for Christmas and that is what they eat at now. I get so tickled because every day since we have been home the kids come to the table at 11:00 AM for lunch and 5:00 PM for supper, even when it is not ready or even when I have not started the meal. When they come to the table I guess it is time for them to eat. Well I know this is a long post, but that is the kids in a nutshell. They are all just sweethearts and I so blessed to be their mom.

No comments: