Friday, October 17, 2008

We just got home a few minutes ago. I went to the eye doctor this morning. I took the kids to Gran and Papa's house. I went to a new eye doctor and he was really nice. I ordered some new glasses and I switched the kind of contacts that I wear. The new ones fit my eyes so much better than my old ones. The doctor did do something new and it was really weird. When you go to the eye doctor they usually have that machine that blows a puff of air in your eye to measure it or something. Well this guy actually put some drops in my eye to numb them and then actually put some kind of tool directly on my eyeball. It was strange. It did not hurt but I did not exactly like the feeling of someone poking my eye. After the eye doctor I was going to go vote because I thought early voting started on Oct. 15th. Well it started in Nashville but Pleasant View does not open for early voting until the 20th. I was hoping to vote while I had some time and when I did not have the kids. Right now Emma is taking a nap and Sam is playing with his trains. I need to get the house cleaned. We are having a Bible study at our house tomorrow night. We are going out to eat tonight for Jeremy's birthday (which is tomorrow). 
Well I did not sleep good last night. Memories are amazing things but have you ever had a night where memories run through your mind like a movie? Yesterday I had the song "He's Been Faithful" running through my mind. The words to the chorus go like this:
"He's been faithful, faithful to me. Looking back his love and mercy I see. Though in my heart I have questioned even failed to believe, still He's been faithful to me."
It seems like a lifetime ago, but it was only 5 years ago since my world was turned upside down. My mind was just going through the events over the past 5 years that have led my on the amazing journey to my beautiful children. I was reflecting on the great heartache that I had to go through to bring me to this point in my life. I would of never dreamed my life would of been filled with this much joy and happiness. 

No comments: