Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We have had a busy couple of days. Sunday we had a "Hanging of Green" service at our church. I never heard of such a service until we came here but it is a service where the kids in the church help decorate the church for Christmas. Jeremy and Sam hung one of the wreaths and Emma and Chloe brought in a piece of the nativity. It was just a very sweet service. The kids and I stayed in Sunday night because it was rainy and very cold. They were calling for some snow but that did not happen. Chloe also stayed in the nursery Sunday for the first time and did great. Yesterday I went back to work and I actually enjoyed it. I keep going back and forth about working and when I want to stop, but I really have a great job for the hours that I work. Anyway, the kids did good at Gran and Papa's house. Today I took Chloe to the doctor. She is very healthy. She weighs 21 pounds (20% for her age) and she is 31 inches long. The doctor is not a bit concerned with the cafe au lait spots so that was a relief. Chloe had a rough time at the doctor. She started screaming when the weighed her and did not let up much the whole time. She kept pointing to the door and whining that she wanted to leave. I forgot to bring the sheet with her updated shots on it. I thought it was with the other paper work I had brought. I need to take the paper back and see what shots she needs. She did get a flu shot but the worst part of the visit was the testing for Hepatitis B. They had to draw blood for that and it was very upsetting for Chloe and myself. Chloe screamed and screamed. She did recover quickly and was smiling by the time we got to the van. I also had an interesting conversation with the lady working at the doctor's office. She was getting all of our information and I was trying to give her all the medical paperwork we got from Korea and she was so confused. She kept asking which doctor has she been going to. We kept going back and forth about the paperwork and I finally realized that she did not know she was adopted. She thought she was my biological daughter. 
Well the sleeping arrangements would be great around here if everyone would get on the same schedule. Sunday night it was Chloe that woke up and got out of the bed several times. One time I heard her cry out and I was certain she got out of bed, so I got up and went in the room but I could not see her. I was really confused because she was not in the bed or by the bed and I knew I had not passed her in the hall. She was on the floor at the foot of the bed fast asleep. Last night Emma got out of bed and came in our room while Sam slept all night in his bed. It is really hard to keep track of everyone around here at night. We'll see what happens tonight. We plan on staying here tomorrow. I am hoping to catch up on the laundry. 

No comments: