Sunday, December 21, 2008

We have arrived safely in Illinois. We left at 4:45 this morning and arrived at my parent's church at about noon to surprise them. My parents thought we were coming tomorrow. The plan was to arrive in time for church but we had a major pit stop and it put us behind. We got to the church and my dad was about finished preaching so we waited in the foyer and when he finished praying Sam and Emma walked into the sanctuary. It was really cute and my parents were definitely surprised. The people at their church were also happy to see the kids. We are at the house and enjoying a bit of piece and quiet before the rest of the gang gets here. My sister and her family are coming in late tonight and brother and his family are coming in late tomorrow night. There will be 15 people staying here for the week. We are going to be quite cozy. Well it is super cold here in Illinois. I think they are saying it will be -30 tonight with the wind chill. There is snow on the ground and ice hanging on the trees. My parents actually lost their power last night and it still had not come on when they left for church this morning. Thankfully it was back on when we got home. Well Chloe is asleep and Sam and Emma are decorating cookies with my mom (pictures later). The kids did great on the trip and Emma and Chloe are warming up nicely to being in a new place. Chloe has been saying several new sounds today and she is very proud of herself. She is also saying "momma" a lot and it just melts my heart every time. I am looking forward to a great week with my family. As I was getting Chloe to sleep I was thinking back on the many memories I have experienced in this house and I was once again reminded of God's amazing faithfulness and love. I am truly blessed!

No comments: