Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I forgot to post something Sam did yesterday. When we put our Christmas tree up a few weeks ago we got Sam a calendar and circled the day that we would open presents. We are opening our presents on the 20th so we circled that day and each morning he wakes up he gets to mark off a day. We knew he would like to do this and we thought it might keep him from asking us if he could open presents five times a day. Well every day the past few weeks he has marked the day off and gets excited that the day is almost here. Well yesterday when we got home he was in his room playing and he came running in the kitchen telling me to come to his room. He kept saying he had to show me something. I went in his room and he had marked off every day for the rest of this week. He looks up at me with wide excited eyes and says, "Look mom it is time to open presents. My calendar says we are on the circled day!" I told him nice try. I am surprised he had not thought of doing that earlier.

No comments: