Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We had a rough afternoon and night. Emma and Chloe started running a fever late yesterday and just did not feel good. I went to exercise and when I got back I noticed that Emma's face had broken out in red bumps. The red bumps soon appeared on Chloe's face, too. Emma's started to spread to her arms and belly. Chloe's stayed on her face but look worse than Emma's. I called the nurse on call and she told me to give them some Benadryl (which I already did) but it was not helping the spots. We gave them some Tylenol and then watched them through the night. They both cried out several times in the night. They both still have a fever this morning. Emma's spots have dried up but are still visible and Chloe's spots look the same as last night. I called the doctor and I am taking all three to see the doctor. Sam is not as bad as the girls but he is still coughing and his fever returns at night. They may just have a virus but I am not taking any chances. They seem to be acting fine this morning but I know as soon as I decide not to take them to the doctor they will start feeling bad again. The girls look pretty pitiful with all their red spots. We are having Christmas with Jeremy's family this evening so I really hope the girls are not contagious and I hope they are feeling better. Well I need to get everyone ready to go. 

No comments: