Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday, April 14,2009

Last night Grandpa Riggs went Home to be with the Savior. He was surrounded by his loved ones has they sang his favorite songs. He was an amazing man that left an amazing legacy behind him. I am very blessed to be part of his family. I have many sweet memories of Grandpa but I would like to share one of my favorite. Samuel had been home about a week and Grandpa and all of his brothers and sisters were having a get together in Crossville,TN. Jeremy had something going on so Jeremy's mom and I went to Crossville to show off our new addition. When we pulled up to the park where they were having the party Grandpa and Bea came over to us and Grandpa wanted Sam. He hugged our little Samuel and wept tears of joy. Grandpa kept saying to Sam "Oh son, how we have prayed for you. Thank you Jesus he is finally home." It really was one of the sweetest things I have ever witnessed. Thankfully I got this picture to always remember this precious memory. 
I am not sure of the funeral arrangements. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. 

No comments: