Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday, April 20, 2009

Well considering all that went on this weekend it was pretty good. We left early Friday morning and went to Cookeville, TN for Grandpa's funeral. Since the visitation and funeral were the same day it made a very long day for the kids. They hung out in the nursery most of the day playing with all their cousins. The funeral service was nice and paid great tribute to the amazing life Grandpa had lived. There was one little thing that happen during the funeral and I felt so bad. The grandsons were the pallbearers so my two sister-in-laws and myself were not going to be sitting with our husbands. The family was going to be walking in together, but there were five kids (my three and Josh's two) and Alison and I knew we could not handle our kid by ourselves. So between myself, Alison, Lynsey (Jacob's wife), Janna, and Jeremy's mom we all took a kid. I had Chloe and Lynsey had Emma. The service was moving along and I noticed that Emma's diaper was all crooked so we tried to fix and we thought we had. Emma was sitting nice and quiet on Lynsey's lap when all of a sudden Lynsey turned to me and said "Emma is peeing on me". And sure enough she was using the bathroom and it was running down the side of Lynsey's skirt onto the the pew and behind Lynsey. I grabbed all the bibs I had in the bag and we soaked up what we could. I felt horrible but thankfully the skirt she had on did not show that she was wet. She went after the service and got some different clothes. After the service and the burial we went back to the church and had a meal. After the meal Jeremy and I went to Georgia for the weekend. We had made the plans to go a few weeks ago. We decided that we were going to go ahead and go even though our plans had changed a little. We were visiting were we are having our mission trip this summer. The kids had a great time and met some new friends. We got back home about 8:00 last night. The kids were so worn out that they slept all night. Sam got up once to go to the bathroom but he went right back to sleep. We got up about 7:30 and then went to Wal-Mart and we had to pick up Maggie from the vet. We ended up boarding her this weekend. Well I have a million things to do around here so I better go. Here are a few pictures from the weekend with cousins Austin and Andrew.

No comments: