Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday, April 11, 2009

We have had a wild few days. My mom arrived Thursday afternoon and of course the kids were so happy to see her. We colored eggs, which I had never done with my kids. I am not sure why I never did that with Sam but I decided to do it this year since my mom is here. We only colored a few eggs. Sam and Emma had a lot of fun. Thursday evening I get a call from my sister and she is very upset. The wildfires that were spreading across Oklahoma were about 3 miles from her house. They were all safe at a friend's house but their house was in danger of being destroyed. They were able to get a few things out but not much because the police were making them get out of the house. I was up most of the night praying and talking to my sister. Thankfully the winds changed and the fire was able to be put out and no damage was done to their house. Unfortunately many houses in their community were destroyed by the fire. My sister is my best friend and I miss her so much. I just wanted to give her a hug! Well yesterday my mom and I headed out for a shopping trip and to get the kids pictures made. About 30 minutes after we left the house a massive tornado producing storm passed right over our house. Jeremy was taking cover in the closet. There was not a tornado that touched down near us by in the city of Murfreesboro, TN a tornado touched down and did some major damage. Jeremy and some of the teens from the youth group let early this morning to help clean up the tornado damage. 
OK back to yesterday. The kids appointment was at noon. Well at 1:00 they still did not have their picture made. They were so slow and the kids were about to go crazy. Emma was so over getting her picture made at about 12:30. Sam and Chloe did great in the pictures but Emma was not going to smile. She still looks beautiful but we only got a few of her smiling. After pictures we finally got the kids lunch at about 2:00. We met my sister-in-law and nephew at the mall and shopped for a few hours. We left the mall at about 4:30, came home and then Jeremy and I headed out to a Good Friday service at our church. My mom stayed home with the kids. Well I have a ton of pictures already but I thought I would just post the ones of the kids coloring the eggs. One more thing before I am done. Grandpa is not doing good at all. Jeremy's parents left this morning to go to Missouri. His passing will be very soon. They said yesterday morning Grandpa was disappointed that he woke up on this side of Glory. Continue to pray for him and  our family. When he does die they will be having two funerals, one in Missouri and one in Cookeville, TN. This is going to difficult for our family.





No comments: