Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday, April 30,2009

I am super tired this morning, I did not sleep well and it really did not have anything to do with the kids. My throat is really sore but I think it is just sinus drainage. So I was up most of the night drinking something to help my throat. I think I got to sleep about 1:30 and then Sam was calling for us at about 2:30. He said he was scared so he got in bed with us. He was all over my side so I got up and got in bed with Emma. She kicked me most of the night and when I finally got to sleep I had a bad dream and woke up in a panic so it was hard to get back to sleep. Chloe started waking up about 6:30 but I made her lay back down because the other two were still asleep. Well once again we are staying home today. It is supposed to be another rainy day. Since there is not much going on I thought I would give a quick update on the kids. 
* Samuel- Every day I am more amazed at how much he growing. He is always talking these days but I do not mind most of the time. He is a boy with a million questions. Every morning after breakfast when we start moving around more he asks "Mom where are we going today?" and it does not matter what I say he follows up with "and where are we going after that?" and it goes on and on like that. Even if I tell him we are not going anywhere he still asks again. It usually ends with me saying "then we are going to bed" and he will ask once more "where are we going after that?" He still is constantly writing. He writes all of our family's name and then he wanted to know how to spell about 50 other words. He is really smart about hearing a word and knowing what letters are in that word by the sound. The other day Jeremy and Sam were playing the ABC game where you say "I went to the store and bought..." and you say what comes next in the alphabet. He know what letter came next every time and said something that started with his letter. It was pretty amazing. I am also starting to realize how annoying commercials can be. Sam wants EVERYTHING he sees on TV. Every time he sees a commercial for a new snack he wants it! One last story about Sam and then I will move on. The other day Sam went with Jeremy to Lowes and they saw a big pile of wood that had been cut. Sam asked what that was for and Jeremy told him it was firewood for a fireplace. Jeremy asked Sam if we had a fireplace. Well we have a gas fireplace but it is not hooked up and we do not have the gas logs in it. I have a candle holder with some candles in our fireplace. So Sam replied "No dad we have a candleplace". 
* Emma- She is really trying to say everything these days. She tries so hard to talk in sentences but it sounds really chopping and I have to resist the urge to finish her sentence for her. If she is saying a word that we cannot understand she will keep saying it louder and louder until we guess what she is saying. Her new favorite phrase, that I am trying to break her from saying, is "I can't". She also started putting the word "mine" in front of just about everything. She still tries to be just like her big brother and she also likes to "write" in her notebook. She is becoming very independent and is also growing up so fast. She is getting so much better at being patient with Chloe and is really doing better at not falling apart over every little thing. 
* Chloe- She is my little handful. She is the one that wears me out the most out of the three. I probably say at least 20 times a day "Chloe get that out of your mouth". She is also becoming more territorial and has started pushing or slapping her siblings if they are in her way. Thankfully she is not biting like Emma used to do. She also has developed this little fake whine that she does when she is not getting her way. She will put her hands over her eyes and really puts on this sob act. Yes, it is an act. When we are around other people they feel so sorry for her but Jeremy and I know that she is just trying to get her way. Last weekend we were with some friends and she wanted another brownie. She had already had some banana pudding and a brownie so we told her "no". She put her hands over her eyes and started her little act. We were trying to ignore her and our friend looked over at her and she was peeking out from behind one of her hands. As soon as he looked at her she started up again. We all just laughed. She is still not saying much but she is trying. She does say "bite, bubba, and hot" on a regular basis. She is a hand full but she is pretty sweet most of the time. She is always smiling but sometimes I think she smiles when she does not know what emotion to feel. I know that sounds weird but sometimes when someone new is talking to her she smiles but I can see in her eyes that she is scared or confused. I guess my biggest issue with her is trying to keep her fed. She wants to eat ALL day. She will finish her meal or snack and grab something off Sam or Emma's plate. 
Well I know this is a long post but I guess my last few have been short. I am going to catch up on my shows I have missed this week. We taped a bunch of the shows we watch and I have not gotten to them yet. Well I hope everyone has a good day. 



Sam eating a Crush cup yogurt. He makes such a mess.



This Emma's new favorite toy. Her name is "Little Miss Naughty". The toy is one of those Mr. Men characters. The toy fits her just right:)

No comments: