Saturday, November 1, 2008

" Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth! You are ending up with far more children than all those childbearing woman." God says so!
"Clear lots of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out! Think Big!
Use plenty of rope, drive the pegs deep. Your going to need lots of elbow room for your growing family.
Isaiah 54: 1-3 (The Message)

I found this verse when we were in the adoption process with Samuel. It seemed like everyone around me was announcing that they were expecting a baby. I was really struggling with jealousy, envy, anger, and all those other words that you do not want to be. All of my life I knew that I was meant to be a mother. I always wanted a house full of kids. So, when I had to have the surgery I was very confused about God's plan for my life. I came across this verse and it was a reminder to me that God did have a plan for my life and that it would include children. Back in December when we were waiting for Emma to come home and we got the phone call about Chloe I thought of this verse again. Who would have thought that in three and half years I would have three kids! I have been very emotional today. I guess I feel like I can finally breathe again. The last 20 months has been like a wild roller coaster ride and I feel like the ride is finally over. I know that having three little kids is not going to be easy but the stress of the adoption process is very overwhelming. 
Well Emma has been doing really good at using the potty. She went 3 times at Gran's house yesterday and then she went twice last night. She woke up this morning crying that she needed to go potty and she did. I am still not pushing her and she may totally forget about going potty when Chloe gets here. Well Sam is climbing all over me so I better go. The kids took a nap at about 6:00 so they will probably be up all night. We have a busy day tomorrow. After church we are going to our friends house for lunch. Tomorrow night the youth group is going to Ronald McDonald house to make supper. The kids are going to spend time with Uncle Jacob and Aunt Lynsey tomorrow night. Then we are all going to TRY to get some sleep. I still cannot believe that Chloe will be home in 43 hours.

No comments: