Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I do not have any pictures to post this morning but I thought I would give an update of Chloe's first night home. It actually went pretty good. The first night home is usually a night filled with LOTS of screaming and very little sleeping. I decided to lay down with Chloe at about 8 PM. Emma did not want to sleep in our bed she wanted to sleep in her bed, so she was in the bed watching Dora. I got in the bed with Chloe in my arms and as soon as I started to lay down Chloe started screaming. She screamed about 10 minutes. I sat up in the bed and rocked her until she went to sleep. I was then able to lay down and I was actually able to let go of her. She woke up at 12:20 but she just sat up and looked around. She found my face and put her hand on my cheek and then laid back down and fell asleep. She did toss around quite a bit but it says in her paperwork that she moves around a lot when she is sleeping. She sat up a few more times but went right back to sleep. I did get some sleep but Emma cried out several times. I think she may be getting a little cold. She was coughing and she kept wanting a drink, so her throat may be sore. Samuel came and got in the bed with us at about 3:45 but of course there was no room. He laid at the bottom of the bed but then got up and went back to bed with Jeremy. Emma started crying again at 5 AM and Sam was already up. Chloe woke up and was just looking around. I got up and Chloe and I ate some Cheerios and a banana. You would just not believe how incredibly sweet she is. She has been very quiet and you can see in her eyes she is just taking everything in. She is still not sure what to think of Maggie (our dog). She is not afraid of her she just seems cautious around her. I do not think Maggie even realizes that there is another person in the house. Chloe is not afraid to walk around the house and explore. She is playing with the toys and seems very comfortable with us. She also is letting Jeremy hold her. This morning she went to Jeremy and he held her for a few minutes and then she wanted me back, but at least she does not cry when he holds her. Well I will post some more pictures later today.

No comments: