Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Well we had a pretty rough night. Emma woke up at about 2:00 and Jeremy put her in our bed. Jeremy then went into the bathroom and when he came out the light was still on and we discovered that Emma had a really bad bloody nose. So we picked her up and took her in the bathroom to clean her up and get her nose to stop bleeding. We were getting a little concerned because it bled and bled and bled. It finally stopped but she was restless the rest of the night. She woke up this morning with another bloody nose but this time it was not bad. She took two long naps today and seems to be feeling OK. Sam woke up this morning with a tummy ache. He was playing in his room and I heard him run into the bathroom and then I heard what I thought was him going to the bathroom. I went into the bathroom but he was standing up going to the bathroom and then noticed the mess on the floor. I guess he thought he was going to pass gas but it was more. Other then that we have had a pretty good day. Emma is finally putting several words together. Yesterday she said "it's hot" at lunch. She said "good girl" when she was petting Maggie and she said "show you" last night.
Well tomorrow is the big day. Samuel turns 4 years old. We are actually having his party on Saturday but we are taking him out to eat before church and we are going to let him open some of his presents from us and my parents. I cannot believe he is going to be four. There are many things that we have missed in the first few months of our children's lives, but the one thing about their life that I wish I could have experienced is the day they were born. When we go to the hospital when a baby is born it makes me really sad thinking about my kids on the day they were born. On the day they were born the air was not filled with joy and excitement. Their was no daddy or grandparent standing outside the window pointing out their pride and joy. There were no flowers, balloons, or teddy bears. The day they were born was filled with feelings of abandonment and uncertainty. It was filled with the sadness of a young mother who made the heartbreaking decision to give her baby opportunities that she could not give him. I say all of that for two reasons. First, every day but mainly on their birthday, I want them to know that they were born for a reason and that God has a special plan for their life even if the circumstances of their birth were not typical. Second, Sam and Chloe's birth mother has been on my heart all week. I ask that you would say a special prayer for her. It is already September 24th in Korea. My prayer is that she knows in her heart that her little boy is loved and healthy. She can be proud of this amazing little boy. I wish she could know how grateful we are for the loving decision she made four years ago. 

No comments: