Thursday, September 4, 2008

We made it back from the vet. I took the little cage that I was going to use and the people at the vet put the cats in it for me and we had an uneventful ride home. The cats are good but it looks like I will be their nurse for the next few days. Not like I know what to do for them. Well last night I decided to sleep with Sam and let Emma sleep with Jeremy so I could actually get some sleep. I was planning on getting up early and go to Curves before Jeremy went to work, but Sam woke up several times times in the night whining about something so my good nights sleep was not so good. I was going to exercise this afternoon but we are going to get our papers notarized to send back to the lawyer when Jeremy gets home. I guess I will exercise tomorrow. 

Something pretty neat happened today. I guess I struggle with bearing my soul to much, especially in a blog, but I decided to share something that I have been struggling with and how God is just opening my eyes to how much he loves me and cares about all the details of my life. I guess my fear in sharing my fears is that I do not in any way want to come across as not being thrilled with the addition of Chloe to our family, because I am thrilled. The moment I heard that this little girl existed I loved her and knew in my heart that she was mine. I guess I have just been struggling with the timing of all of this. Those first few weeks of Emma coming home were unbelievably hard. You have so many more fears when you are adopting. Mainly about the child's adjustment to your family and your adjustment to being responsible for another human being. I just am getting used to being a mother of two and I am scared to start over again this soon with a child who will probably be older than when Emma came home. I also have been a little sad that Emma went from being the baby to the middle child really fast. I am also struggling with the whole expense of adoption. I know that money is not a deciding factor when it comes to a life, but it goes back to the timing thing. So, let me go back to the great thing that happened today and over the weekend. I love it when God uses every day situations to speak to me. This weekend we were at the pool and there was a water slide that Sam wanted to go down. Now to him this was a huge thing even though it really was not that big deal. He knew what he was getting into and he knew that he would come out the bottom into the water. He also knew that he was surrounded by many people who loved him and was going to help him down the slide. Still knowing all of this I could see the fear in his eyes. I could see that he was trying to be so brave but he was still unsure. He knew it would be so much fun but he was still scared. I saw him climb up the ladder and then my eyes went to the bottom of the slide. There was my Dad. He was at the bottom in the water with his arms raised high and I could hear him saying, "Come on buddy, I am right here. I will catch you. I won't let anything happen to you. Come on. Here I am." It hit me right there that this is exactly what God is saying to me. For whatever reason this is His timing, He knows that I am scared and he is just telling me to take the ride and He is going to catch me. He not going to let me drown in my situation. He is taking care of everything. He is going to hold me up and I can trust Him. So today I was leaving to pick up the cats and I was dreading what this whole thing was going to cost me, and I got the mail before I left and in the mailbox was a reimbursement check for Jeremy when he took that trip to Knoxville for school. We knew it was coming, but we did not know when it was coming. In fact we thought it was going to be on his check from a few weeks ago. But is came today in the mail and it was just a little short of what the bill at the vet was. And I thought what perfect timing.

No comments: