Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ok, so I think I am the biggest worrier ever. Our social worker called me just a few minutes ago and the call was about the finalization of Emma. She was calling to tell me that she got the release from AIAA saying that we have been approved to go to court to officially adopt Emma. She apologized for getting me so worked up. I guess I have learned with the other two adoptions your agency does not call you unless they have something good or bad to say or they need something else from you. Jeremy said last night that he thought it was about Emma, but of course I did not believe him. 
Well I survived the vet trip this morning, barely. I had this little cage that I was going to put the cats in to take them in out van, but the bottom of the cage has this tray that you can take out to clean and the cats kept moving the tray and jumping out the bottom. I did not know how I was going to get them in the van. They kept running away from me. I seriously thought about not even taking them. I finally caught both cats and just threw them in the van. They were jumping all over the place and meowing like crazy. Sam held one of the cats for awhile. We all had cat hair all over us and both cats messed in the van. Not a fun morning. I got to the vet and took the cats in one at a time and gave them to someone working there and then I was able to get the kids in and fill out the paperwork. The vet called a few minutes ago and told me the surgery went good and both cats were waking up. She also told me that Boots was actually pregnant AGAIN. So , I am glad I took them in today. The last thing I need is another litter of kittens!
I have to go back tomorrow to pick them up. After the vet I took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and then went to get an oil change in the van. I stopped and cleaned the van out and then we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart. Emma is now taking a nap and Samuel is playing with his trains. 
Samuel and Emma wanted to watch a movie last night after supper, so I put them in Emma's room and they started to watch the movie. It was about 6 o'clock and I realized that it had been really quiet in the room. I went in there and they both were sound asleep. I did not want to wake them up but I also did not know how long they would sleep. I decided to turn the light off and just take my chances on them sleeping all night. Sam woke up about 10 PM but he was still half asleep. I put him in our bed and he just slept with us. Emma cried out at 2 am and I went in her room to just sleep with her. She has been doing this thing the past few nights were she just cries and cries but she is still asleep. We will be holding her and she is still crying. We have to wake her up and then she realizes that we are there and she will go back to sleep. They both slept until about 6:30 this morning. Emma has had a runny nose the past two days but I just think it is allergies. Well I better get Sam some lunch. He keeps reminding me that he is very, very hungry.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey! Have you turned everything in to the lawyer yet? We just got our stuff back from CHSFS yesterday and sent it right out. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!