Monday, September 1, 2008

We have had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. My parents got to our house Thursday night and then we left Friday to go to Eva,TN for our family reunion. On the way to the reunion we stopped to visit my Mom's great aunt and uncle. They are 95 and 94 years old and it was sooo hot in their house. Samuel kept saying, "Mom, I am so hot. Can we go to the camp." I thought he was going to have a break down. We finally got to the camp and the kids had a blast. I was really worried about Emma being clingy and cranky the whole weekend because she was in a new place surrounded by a bunch of new people, but she was amazing, She was so sweet and did not have one single tantrum while we were there. She would get down and play and she let a few people hold her. I just cannot say enough about how great she was while we were gone. I was also worried about her mood because Jeremy was not with us and she is a daddy's girl. Samuel and Isabel (my sister's daughter) played all weekend. In fact I barely saw the child. I have a bunch of pictures from the weekend that I will post throughout the week. The kids went swimming on Saturday and Sam and Emma both went down the water slide. Saturday night we went down by the lake and the kids played in the sand. Emma kept eating the sand but she had so much fun. We had service at the camp on Sunday and then we left and ate lunch and then went to put some flowers on my Grandparents grave. Sam slept all the way home. We got home about 5 o'clock and then Emma decided she was due for a tantrum. I had to go to the store for a few groceries and she was pretty crabby. I then realized that maybe she was so good this weekend because she did not have her big brother bothering her or taking things away from her. Both kids slept with me last night and we all slept in this morning. My parents left about 10 AM and then I actually had to work today from 12-4. I was scheduled to work 8-4 but I asked if I could work 12-4 today and 8-12 tomorrow. Well Emma is asleep on the couch so I better get her to bed. I am also trying to post a video of Sam being silly but it keeps telling me there is an error. Oh, I forgot to mention that we got our receipt from Immigration on Thursday so we are in the system. We are praying that our case has been given to someone who will finish it quickly and corrrectly.

No comments: