Sunday, February 1, 2009

This has been a crazy weekend. The cooking of the BBQ ended up being a bigger challenge than I expected. I was planning on getting a couple of crock pots to cook the meat but I ended up not getting a second crock pot until late Friday night so I was up most of the night Friday switching the meat out of the crock pot. At 3 AM on Saturday I put the last piece of pork to cook and then planned on pulling the pork Saturday morning. So I woke up at 7:30 and started to work on the pork. I was in the kitchen and heard Jeremy jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. My stomach virus finally hit him. I felt so bad because our house smelt so bad from all the meat that had been cooking. It was making my stomach hurt so I know it was horrible for him. So it was tough trying to get the meat finished and keep the kids from killing each other. Emma and Chloe were both in a foul mood and I though I was going to lose my mind. I put the girls down for a nap and about 30 minutes later I heard Chloe awake so I went in the room to make her lay back down and she had thrown up over everything on the bed. It was such a mess and I felt so bad for her. Emma and Chloe both got sick and so Jeremy and the girls stayed home last night while I went on to the dinner at church. Thankfully Frank, the guy that helps Jeremy with the youth group, took charge last night. The evening was great but it was a lot of work. The girls are doing a lot better but I was up with them last night on and off most of the night. So, I stayed home today with the kids and I think the virus has run its course. 
Well Emma did so good on Friday with the potty training. She messed once and she was so upset about it that she went potty every time I took her and did not have any more accidents. We went to the store Friday and we were in the van and she started crying that she needed to go potty. She had a diaper but she refused to go in the diaper. She held it all the way home (about 20 minutes). She did good Saturday until the bug hit so I put the training on hold until it passed. We will start up again tomorrow. Well I need to get the kids ready for bed. I am praying that the girls will sleep tonight. I took a nap today but I am still wiped out. 

No comments: