Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day Emma!

One year ago our precious Emma came home. She is so full of life and she brings so much joy to our family. We are so thankful that we have been chosen to be her parents. Her first year home has flown by. It is amazing how much she has grown and how much she has learned. She is my strong willed, mischievous little girl and I love her so much. We did not not go anywhere today but I worked all day in the kids rooms. I finally made the decision switch Chloe to Sam's room. It was a lot of work but I am so glad that I did it. Their rooms look so organized and I was able to get rid of several bags full of clothes and toys. The new set up seems to be working so much better. Everything seems to just fit better. I moved all of Sam's toys and clothes into the girls closet and he loves being able to play in there. Yes the closet is actually big enough to play in. Because of the mess and chaos of moving everything the girls were into everything and got in trouble several times today. When Jeremy got home I had to get out for a while, so I went to Wal-Mart and to Starbucks. 
We had a pretty good weekend. Sam had so much fun with the trains on Saturday and he was perfectly safe the whole time. We took the girls to Chick-Fil-A and then we went to Target and the mall. Sunday we went to church and then came home and the kids and I took a nap. Last night we had a banquet at church to raise money for a team that is going to Costa Rica in June. Jeremy happens to be on that team. It was a nice evening. After the banquet the teen had a bonfire and a time at church but the girls and I came home. Sam stayed with Jeremy and had a great time with the teens. The kids slept OK last night. Sam slept on the couch and Chloe managed to not fall out of the bed last night. I brought in a crib mattress and put it by the the bed just in case she fell out. Emma cried out several times so I ended up with her in her bed. The girls then woke up at 6:45 so I am pretty tired. I have a pretty busy week. Wednesday our social worker is coming for Chloe's 2nd post placement so tomorrow I will be cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. Thursday I have another dentist appointment to finish up getting my teeth cleaned and Saturday we have a teen activity at our house. Well I need to get the kids to bed or I guess I should say to sleep. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I thought about you guys the other day as I was reading old blog posts looking at last February for us - I can't believe it's been a year!