Sunday, February 8, 2009

We had a pretty good weekend. The kids slept all night again in their beds Friday night so that was nice. We left Saturday morning and went to the zoo for a few hours. The kids loved the animals. They were so cute trying to make all the animal sounds. Chloe fell asleep in her stroller so she got a good nap in while we were at the zoo. We left around lunch time and Sam and Emma took a little nap on the way to my brother's house. We went shopping at a few stores. Jeremy found a good deal at Old Navy on shirts and pants and I found two cute dresses at Ross. We shopped for about an hour and half and then we got tired of shopping. I guess we were already tired from walking around the zoo, so we decided to see a movie. After the movie we went to Olive Garden to eat and then picked the kids up. The kids had so much fun being spoiled by Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kelli. Well the kids did not get their second nap in so they all fell asleep on the way home but it was only 7:00. So it was a pretty rough night. Chloe was restless all night and cried out too many times to count. She kept getting out of the bed and wondering into the living room. I finally got in the bed with the girls but did not sleep much. I am hoping to sleep tonight. We do not have much planned this week. I need to get to the grocery store tomorrow so that should be a fun trip with the kids.  
Well the kids are all doing good. Emma continues to surprise us with her growing vocabulary. The other day she was naming the colors of her blocks. I did not even know she knew her colors. She says "orange" so cute. She kinda sounds like a pirate when she says it. Sam is also becoming this little man. Tonight at church he was doing this workbook and he was counting these pictures and writing the numbers. I had no idea he knew how to write his numbers! I was trying to pay attention to the message but every time he wrote a new number I was in complete shock. Chloe is starting to try to say new words and she definitely comprehends what we are saying. She is funny to watch because she wants to do everything Emma is doing. She has finally mastered using her spoon/fork and she still wants to eat ALL the time. OK, just a side note, Sam just changed Emma's diaper by himself, is he growing up or what?
Well I need to get the kids ready for bed and I think I will head there myself.

No comments: