Thursday, February 12, 2009

It is hard to believe but one year ago today we were on our way to Korea to finally pick up Emma. We were so relieved that the nightmare with all her paperwork was over and she would be home in our arms very soon. It is also hard to believe that 5 years ago today I sat in my oncologist office and the doctor was telling me that there where no more treatments for them to give me. Surgery was my only option to get rid of the cancer. It is weird because both events seem just like yesterday. I am so glad that now when November 12th rolls around I have a happy event to remember. It is a little bit hard for me around this time a year. I do not think much about my cancer and surgery, but this time of year I feel the scar has once again been reopened. It gets better every year, but I still go through a grieving of sorts. I would not go back and trade any of the grief knowing what I know now but I still feel the loss when I think back to those dark days. I guess it sounds kinda depressing so I hope you do not mind me sharing. 

Well the kids have been sleeping much better. I usually am up just once a night and it is usually because Emma wants a drink. Chloe has not been walking around any more at night. Yesterday we just stayed home until church time. Today I need to go pay a few bills and go to the bank. We got our adoption grant in the mail yesterday:) I think I might also go to Target just to walk around. Well I better get going. I like to get out in the morning so the girls get both of their naps during the day. Jeremy took the camera because his class is going on a field trip so I do not have nay new pictures but here are a few of Emma those first few days. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to share and let others help carry the load. I love you and am praying for you!!
Vickie Hollis