Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We had a pretty eventful day. I got to sleep in this morning and it felt WONDERFUL. After I got up I started cleaning the house and getting the laundry done. Unfortunately it does not look like I did anything to the house. After lunch and the girls nap we decided to go to the zoo for a few hours. We have not been in awhile so we thought it would be a nice treat for the kids. We were almost to the zoo when a warning went off on the radio saying that a severe thunderstorm was issued for the counties around our house. I did not think much of it until I realized that Molly was outside on her tie out. We got to the zoo and we walked around and the animals were quite active. We were there about 30 minutes when we heard someone say something about a tornado warning being issued. A few minutes later the tornado sirens started going off. OK so I am TERRIFIED of storms. I try to stay calm but my insides just start to freak out. We headed for the exit and when we got to the parking lot the sky looked horrible. I have never seen such ugly clouds in my life. Jeremy being the calm one decides we need to get it the van and leave (WHAT?). The storm was still north but that was the direction we were heading. We started driving out of the zoo and the winds were picking up and the sky started getting darker and more creepy. We decided to go to the Wal-Mart down the road and wait for the storm to pass. We waited about 30 minutes for the tornado warning to expire. We got home about 4:00 and thankfully Molly was OK. After we got home Jeremy went to our friends house to help her get her table and umbrella out of her pool. We just finished supper a few minutes ago and I am going to attempt to get the house picked up AGAIN. Tomorrow we have to take our van in to get the air fixed. We had to do this last summer too but it is a pretty easy fix. Well here are a few pictures from yesterday.



No comments: