Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yesterday was a pretty busy day and I did not get much done around the house. Yesterday morning I went to Curves and then went to the store for a few things. After I got home we took the van in to get serviced. We got home and the girls got a nap and then we went back to pick up the van. I was panning on coming back home before church but our power went out and so it was pretty hot in the house. We ended up going to church so Jeremy could work on some stuff and then we went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We went back to church and had church and then the excitement began. It was really cloudy and rained on and off during church but not a big deal. We (the youth group) meet in the basement of the parsonage so when we were done I headed up to the church to get the kids. I am at the door and my friend comes running up to me telling me that a tornado has been spotted in the area and we need to head to the basement. As I stated yesterday, I am TERRIFIED of storms but thankfully we were at the safest place I could imagine for a tornado. Our church basement would probably be safe as a bomb shelter too. I was a little worried because Jeremy and some of the teens were still in the youth room. Thankfully they were in a basement too. We waited in the basement for a while and then came back up to leave but when we got outside it was still storming really bad. Somebody called the church and said another storm was right on top of us and another funnel cloud had been reported, so we headed back downstairs. We waited a little longer and then the storms finally passed over. We got home pretty late so the kids were exhausted. The girls just woke up a few minutes ago and Sam is still sleeping. We do not have a lot of plans for today. I am going to exercise in a few minutes and then I need to pack and clean. This week is getting away from me so I better get moving. Here is a picture of the kids on Monday (before Sam's haircut). I wanted to post it so you could see how tall Sam is getting. The other two pictures are from Sam and his Gotcha Day cake.



No comments: