Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009

Well we are in Illinois. We arrived last night around 9:30. We had a really great trip. I think I mentioned that my nephew Kraig came with us and he was such a big help on the trip. The kids were up late last night but slept pretty good once we went to sleep. Chloe woke up at 6:45 and then we all got up and went to work at my dad's business. Those of you that know my parents can just skip over this but for those who do not know my dad owns his own business called Douglas Net Company. He bought the company when I was a little girl and we grew up working in the factory. They make fish nets and many other products (check out www. douglasnets.com if you want to know more). My siblings and I worked there every summer but I have not worked there since I have been married. My dad is swamped right now with business (which is really good) and I need a little extra cash, so I worked today and the kids came up there with me. The kids played in empty boxes most of the morning while I worked. The girls took a little nap in the office and Sam helped me package one of their products. The kids behaved really well. Sam and Emma took turns riding this little bike that belonged to my nephew Kaleb (who will be a senior this year). After lunch I tried to keep the girls in the office but they kept peeking at the door. We got home a few minutes ago and are about to get cleaned up from the day and get supper. Well here a few pictures from today and one picture of Sam and Molly from Saturday that is just too cute.
I also want to say a word of thanks that Jeremy and the rest of the group landed in Costa Rica this afternoon safe and sound. He called me a few minutes ago but I will probably not be talking to him much this week. Please pray for their group this week.





No comments: