Monday, June 23, 2008

Well, not much to report around the Riggs' house. I worked all day Friday and then we had a teen activity that night. I worked Saturday and then we went to Clarksville to eat. Yesterday we went to church and then Sam, Emma, and I took a three hour nap. I felt great when I woke up, but I did not sleep much last night. I then went to work again today. I sure work a lot for being part time. Sam and Emma are doing good. Samuel is getting so big. He is always saying something that sounds so grown up. Emma is also becoming a little lady. She makes us laugh. I am sorry but I do not have any pictures to post tonight. Our battery in the camera is charging. Well, our homestudy for Chloe should be completed this week. We talked to our social worker today and they are waiting for a clearance letter from South Carolina. With the new adoption regulations they need police clearance from every state we lived in over the past 10 years. We also talked to our social worker in Michigan and she said we could get the official referral after our third visit which we are trying to schedule for July 17th. We are hopeful that all paperwork will be on its way by the end of July. With that said, please pray for me. I am starting to feel the familiar feeling of panic. We are trying to get our money together, finish paperwork, and buckle down for the hardest part of adoption...WAITING. I just feel like I have been in this process forever already. After the official referral they say it takes about 3 to 4 months for the baby to travel that puts us at October or November. We will be in the waiting period the same time as last year with Emma. I am getting anxious about the possibility of spending another Thanksgiving and Christmas without one of my children. I am also getting nervous about the fact that Chloe may be even older than Emma when she came home. Well I need to put the kids to bed. They have not been sleeping great the past few nights. I am not fighting this battle right now because we will be leaving in a few weeks out of town again so I will end up starting over again to get them to stay in their beds. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: