Monday, June 30, 2008

We had a good weekend. My friend Jennifer and I and three girls from the youth group went to eat and shop Friday night at Opry Mills. We had a great time. It felt weird not having my kids with me. Th Children's Place was having this great sale on their clothes. I bought several things for Sam and bought a few more things for Emma and Chloe for next Spring and Summer. I tried to refrain myself, but I did buy them a couple of matching outfits. It was fun to shop for my kids. I have been so blessed to have so many people buy clothes for my kids and so I do not shop much for them. I got about 20 items for $30! The kids were staying the night at some friend's house and Jeremy was camping so I took the opportunity to clean my house Friday night. I know this might sound crazy, but I actually like to clean. There is just something about my house being clean that puts me in a good mood. I then planned on getting a goods night sleep since I had the house to myself, but Maggie decided she was going to keep me awake. She kept wining for a drink and then she had to go out and then it was something else. Oh well, I guess I will sleep later, like when my kids are grown. Saturday I worked for a few hours and then I picked the kids up. We went home and Emma napped and Sam played on his tractor. Sunday we went to church and then ate lunch and napped again. Last night we had Family Night at church. There were several inflatables and Sam and Emma had a blast. I will post pictures later tonight. Emma was fearless. She got in the bouncy inflatable and just jumped and jumped. There was also this one that was an obstacle course. Sam wanted to do it but he got to the middle and then wanted out. Later that night he finally did it. Well, Emma saw him and then she wanted to do it. Now this inflatable is not necessarily for little kids, but her Uncle Jacob took her through the obstacle course. At the end of it you climb up this steep set of stairs and then slide down. She came up over the side grinning from ear to ear. Of course she wanted to do it again. They had a fun night. We got home and I gave them a bath and they both slept great last night. Well I have to go to work but just wanted to update you on the weekend.

No comments: