Thursday, June 5, 2008

Well I actually had a pretty crummy day. I still have some congestion and I have been blowing my nose all day, but that is not what has upset me. On Tuesday when I went to the doctor the whole physical was about me being overweight. I know that I need to lose some weight, but it is not as bad as he was making it out to be. During the whole physical I just listened to what he said and I tried not to let it upset me too much. I know that I have come along way in my weight loss journey and I have recently got back on Weight Watchers. I gained some weight during Emma's adoption ordeal and I am really trying to get back on track and get the weight back off. I actually lost three pounds before I went to the doctor so I was happy. Well, I had to go back today to get the forms that needed to be filled out. On the form for our local agency everything looked great and he stated that I was healthy and there were no medical concerns. On the form to our agency in Michigan he used the words "mildly obese" and his concern was that I needed to exercise and needed to lose weight. What makes me mad about the exercise comment is that he did not even ask me if I exercised. My answer would have been yes. I walk two or three times a week with the kids and I wear a pedometer at work and I take at least 12,000 steps that equals like 4 miles. Some of you remember that the agency in Michigan and Korea has a weight restriction and is very strict about weight issues. So, I was horrified. I am 20 pounds under the weight restriction so I am not worried about that part but I am not sure if something will be said about his other comments. I asked the nurse if she would remove the comments because of the situation but she just added that I was healthy to the end of mildly obese. I guess I am just surprised that he would put that information on the form. I guess I will try to lose a few more pounds in case there is an issue. 
Well, Sam and Emma woke up at 7:30 this morning. We had breakfast and made a quick run to Wal-Mart to finish up getting things for our trip. After the store we came home and I took the kids to our friend's house to swim. They had so much fun. We got home at about 3:30 and they both were out. Emma just woke up a few minutes ago and Sam is still asleep on the couch. Jeremy has a softball game tonight. I am kinda glad Sam is still asleep because I did not want to go to the game, it is too hot outside. I also have another early morning and long day at work. Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: