Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, May 04, 2009

I have a quick prayer request this morning and then I will try post more this afternoon about our weekend. Last night about 9:00 Sam started crying that his tooth was hurting. Sam sometimes whines about something that hurts but it usually only lasts a few minutes. Well his crying went on for about an hour. We gave gave him Ibuprofen and I put some orajel on his tooth, but that did not help. He fell asleep about 10:15 but then woke up again at about 10:45. I found a pediatric dentist that had a doctor on call and gave them a call to see if they could help. We are afraid he may have an abscess. OK this is the part that I feel like a HORRIBLE parent. I took him to our dentist a while back and I knew that he had a couple of cavities but my dentist does not treat kids. They gave me a number to a pediatric dentist but I could never get an answer. Every time I called they I got a voice message saying they were either closed or on lunch. I know that I should of called somewhere else but I just did not get around to it. Anyway, Sam cried from 10:45 to after midnight. The Ibuprofen finally kicked in and we slept from 12:15 until 3:00. He woke up again and cried from 3:00 until about 4:30. Jeremy took him at 4:30 and slept with him on the couch so I could get a little sleep. The dentist is supposed to call this morning to get him in to see someone. Please pray for him. He is in a lot if pain and I pray that he can get some relief today. Please pray for me. I was already so exhausted from the weekend and I can barely keep my eyes open right now. I am also a complete emotional wreck. Sam does not like going to the dentist and I do not want to be crying the whole time we are there. I will update when I find out what is going on. 

No comments: