Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday. May 22, 2009

Have you ever seen on of those caricatures of a mom being portrayed? The picture usually is extremely exaggerated and she is doing like 6 things at the same time and we laugh because that is exactly how we feel sometimes. Well yesterday morning I happen to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I laughed out loud because I looked like one of those pictures. I was trying to get ready to take Sam to the dentist and I was waiting on a phone call so I was kinda rushing around. I was in the kids bathroom holding the blow drying in one hand drying my hair. My other hand was on Sam's toothbrush brushing his teeth. I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom with legs slightly apart to keep the girls out of the bathroom and I looked down and Emma was wrapped around on leg crying and Chloe was wrapped around the other leg crying. The crazy part was that I did not even realize the craziness of the scene until I looked up and saw myself in the mirror. It was pretty funny. I was a little upset because the phone call I was waiting on never came. We are supposed to have Chloe's third post placement visit in the month of May and our social worker has not contacted us about the visit. We really want to get the visit done because then we will be done with all our requirements and make Chloe's adoption final. I called our agency yesterday morning and the director said he would contact our social worker  and she would call be back yesterday morning. She never called. I called back yesterday afternoon and just had to leave another message. We really need to get it done next week because after next week we are going to be super busy. The agency is closed today so I guess I will not be hearing from them today either. Well after the crazy morning I took Sam to the dentist to get his teeth cleaned. He did so good. I was a little worried because I took him to my dentist and last time he got his teeth cleaned it did not go so well. After the dentist we ended up just going to a local grocery store and picked up a few things. We then came home and just napped and played. I went to Curves when Jeremy got home and then we just stayed home. Tonight is graduation at the Christian school but the kids and I are not going. One girl from our youth group is graduating and this class is special to Jeremy because this graduating class was the first class he taught, so he is going to graduation. We may go out to eat tonight before graduation to celebrate Jeremy's first year teaching in public school. Well, we have a pretty restful weekend. NO big plans around here. We are going to try to enjoy it because I think this is our last free weekend until August. 




No comments: