Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Well the kids and I had a pretty good few days. I worked all day Monday, we went grocery shopping Tuesday, and I once again worked today. The kids slept with me but we all slept great so I did not mind. Jeremy got back this afternoon from his trip to Knoxville. He said it was pretty boring but he got to know the teachers he will be working with this coming school year. 
Well I had a pretty frustrating day. We met this afternoon for Emma's third post placement visit. Our new social worker is nice but I am VERY nervous about our case. After we were done with Emma's questions I asked her about our homestudy and she said that she had not finished it yet. I was pretty mad because we were told two weeks ago that they received all the paper work and that it was finished. She then said something about we had to wait the 6 months (which would be August) before we could do the referral. We stated that AIAA said we could do it after the visit and after our homestudy was finished. I left really frustrated because no one seems to know what is going on. She then called me on the way home and said that she found our homestudy on her desk and that she thinks it is finished. She is meeting with the director tomorrow to make sure everything is correct. We were also told that another social worker would be doing our referral because it would be difficult for the new social worker but we were told today that the new social worker would be doing the referral. We are already getting a dozen different answers from different people. I was also aggravated because when I talked to her on the phone today she said something about a family that is adopting from Korea got their referral two weeks ago and that they were told that there was some sort of delay in their child coming home. Of course I started to panic and I asked her what the delay was and of course she did not know. So why even mention it! Not very encouraging to a family that has just suffered through a horrible delay in getting their child home. I just do not know why they are being so secretive about Chloe's information. I understand about the paperwork being submitted at certain times but I do not know why they will not tell us anything about her. I think Jeremy might call AIAA tomorrow to see if they can give us some answers and maybe they will know if there are any current delays with Korean adoptions.
Well we are going to try and get Sam and Emma to sleep in Sam's bed together tonight. They seem to sleep great when they know someone else is in the room. We are willing to try anything to get them out of our bed. Well I do not have any pictures to post tonight but I will try to put some on tomorrow. I know those of you that read this blog pray for our family but please say a special prayer for me and this adoption process. I know that my life is crazy right now and I know that having three kids is going to be hard and I still cannot believe that all this is happening, but at the end of the day my child is across the world and I do not know anything about her. I also do not want to spend the rest of this year feeling like I did this time last year. I just need special grace during these uncertain times. 

No comments: