Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. We stayed in most of the day. The kids and I got out yesterday for a little bit. We went for a walk in a neighborhood about 10 minutes from our house. I took their wagon and I walked about 30 minutes. I usually walk in our neighborhood but it is so hilly and it is very hard work pulling 50 pounds in a wagon. It is a good workout but it is not very fun. The kids played really nice together and we had a very relaxing day. Today I went to work and the kids went to Gran and Papa's for the day. Emma is so sweet. She is calling me
momma all the time now and it just melts my heart. When I went to pick them up after work they were both asleep so I went in the room and she slowly opened her eyes and sweetly said "momma". 
It is crazy to think that we were in Korea six months ago this week. Thursday after we got Chloe's referral I was thinking that the past six months have flown by and it is strange to think about what our lives will be like six months from now. I have been thinking a lot today about time. I know that sounds weird, but I have been thinking about what I do with my time. I have always been guilty of living from one event to another and it just seems like when I live like that I miss all the details of every day life. It is crazy that we waited 8 months from the time we got Emma's picture to when she came home and it was a hard wait but it actually went by really fast. I just got so caught up in the wait that I know I missed very precious moments with Samuel and with my family. I do not really remember anything significant about those 8 months but the waiting. I do not want to be guilty of that again while we wait for Chloe to come home. I definitely want her to come home soon but I do not want to wish that time goes by fast. I want to treasure every moment I have with Sam and Emma. The only thing accomplished by wishing time to go by quickly is lost time. 

No comments: