Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome to the Roller Coaster Ride

Well I actually have some GOOD news today. I e-mailed the Immigration office in Memphis last night hoping to get some information on if they had all our paperwork and to maybe get a time frame on when we would get our approval. I was not expecting much information from them because they were not helpful during our ordeal with Emma and were very vague on all information. Jeremy had the computer today so I did not check my e-mail until this evening and I had an e-mail from Memphis saying that our I600A was approved on August 7th and were surprised that we had not received it yet. They then sent me a second e-mail saying that they just discovered that our approval had actually been returned to them on Friday because they mislabeled the envelope and our address was wrong. They were very apologetic and said they corrected the problem and it was sent back in the mail today. I think it is pretty crazy that they already messed up on mailing something but I am glad that it approved and we will only be two weeks later when Chloe's paperwork will be sent back to the Memphis office for the I600 approval so her visa can be issued to come home. The turn around time was pretty impressive for the I600A so I am hoping that the next approval will be less than the 8 weeks they are saying. 
Well today started out really weird. I woke up this morning and I felt really hungry. So I got up and drank some water, took my vitamin, and ate some cereal. About 5 minutes after I ate I felt weird and I knew that I was about to get sick. I went in the bathroom and sure enough I got sick about 8 times. I did not feel bad and my stomach was not even hurting. I had some things to do today so I decided to go ahead and get ready and the kids and I went to the store. I have not gotten sick anymore so I do not know what the deal was. I went to the Fedex store to make copies of all of Emma's legal paperwork and sent them to our lawyer so we can finalize Emma's adoption. The kids usually go crazy in that store but they were good. We then went to Wal-Mart and Target and then we came home. I got caught up on my laundry and realized that we have way too many items of clothes. So I spent the afternoon going through my closet and drawers getting ride of clothes I do not wear anymore. I then started making supper and when Jeremy got home I went to Curves and had another amazing workout. Well the kids need to get out of the bath and then to bed. We have an early morning tomorrow. I have to be at work at 8. This is my last week of working three days. I go to two days a week starting next week so that will be great. 

No comments: