Monday, August 18, 2008

Disappointing News

Well I have some disappointing news about the time frame of when Chloe will be home. I got a call from our social worker TODAY saying that we need our I600A approval before our I600 form approving Chloe to come home can be sent to Memphis. Now do not get me wrong, I am not upset at the process. I understand that there is certain steps and certain papers that need to be filed and such BUT I am pretty upset that we have spent all week thinking that Chloe's papers had been sent to Memphis and they have not been sent. I am frustrated that we were not asked the day of the referral if we had our I600A approval or why we did not get a call last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. or Thursday about this issue. We sat in the agency that day of the referral and were told that it would be sent to Immigration. So, here is the new scenario. Our papers were sent to Immigration on July 22nd for the I600A and they say it could take 8 weeks so we are only on week three. After we get the approval we then can send Chloe's paperwork which will be another 8 weeks if we are lucky. We actually got our I600A approval with Emma in about 3 weeks so please pray we get the approval this week. Please pray for me. I actually feel like someone has punched me in the stomach. I have been a little emotional the past few weeks anyway so this kinda adds to my sad mood. I also did not sleep much (if any) last night. I do not know what my deal was but I could not go to sleep. Well I just got home from Curves and I am sweaty and tired. I started a new program tonight at Curves. Each machine is like my own personal trainer. I actually burned 450 calories so I think I will have some ice cream tonight. Once again I just ask that you will say a special prayer for me. I just cannot believe how bumpy this journey has been. I cannot share all the details but the ups and downs of us adopting Chloe started back in December and I guess I am just weary from the emotional strain. 

1 comment:

wkirkpatrick said...

I'm sorry Kim! We are praying!