Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I had planned on staying home today to finish getting the house cleaned, but Maggie had other plans for us. I mentioned the other week that Maggie had an episode. Well since that night she has been itchy and her tail and skin has been looking red and infected. I have tried to medicate her myself with different lotions and such but she was getting worse. She has been scratching so much that she has been scratching the hair off her body. I love my dog but I was worried to taker her to the vet because I was afraid that something was really wrong with her. I kept checking her for fleas or ticks but never found any. Well yesterday it was horrible and she was miserable so the girls and I took her to the vet this morning. It turns out she was bitten by a flea and she is allergic to them. I use flea medication on her but the flea must have bitten her before it died. The vet found a few dead fleas on her. So I was totally grossed out to think that there might be fleas in my house. The vet gave me medicine for Maggie and some carpet cleaner for our house. So I have been cleaning like a maniac since we got home. We have not seen any fleas but I am not taking any chances. Well the girls are down for a nap so I better get some more things done while they are asleep. Here are a few pictures from Sunday.



No comments: