Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Busy, busy weekend and busy, busy week. Friday I subbed for first grade. I wish I could say it was fun but it was actually kind of stressful. Friday happen to be Character Dress-up day at school and it was the last day before their Thanksgiving break. SO, the kids were completely CRAZY!! I made it through the day but determined I did not get paid enough on Friday to handle another day like that!! Friday night was the lock-in. I made it until 2:00 and I probably would have stayed later if I had not had a little incident at the first house. The first house we went to was way off the road Their driveway was gravel and muddy and a series of several hills. Well when we were leaving I started up the hill and my tires were just peeling out and I could not get up the hill. The van started rolling back and I thought we were going to end up in their pond. The more I tried to get up the hill the more the tires peeled out and the van was going all over the place. I finally got rolled back into a safe place but I was in a bunch of wet leaved and mud. The dad at the house had to get his tractor and pull me out. I was so upset that I decided to call it a night. I know most would not get so upset (I do not mean mad, just shaken up) but I really do not like to drive and I went into panic mode when I did not know what do to. So I got home at 2:30 and went to bed. I woke up Saturday about 11:30 and discovered I had two huge fever blisters on my lower lip. They are finally getting better today but they have hurt all weekend. I got the kids from Gran and Papa's and when I got home I noticed that Molly was not in the yard. She was way down the road with another dog. There was a place in the wire fencing that had been cut. The thing probably has been cut for over a week and when I started thinking about it there were several times the past week that I thought she came from somewhere outside her underground fencing. So I ran up the road to get her. She came to me but would not follow me back to the house. She wanted to follow the other dog. So I had to pick her up and carry her home. I was about to pass out when I finally got her in the house. We had some extra wires so Jeremy was able to fix the fence. Saturday night some girls and I went to see a movie and had sooo much fun. Sunday was church and then our Thanksgiving meal at church Sunday night. Yesterday was trying to catch up on things at home. I had a dentist appointment yesterday morning. I had one little cavity so I have to go back next Friday. The girls and I then made a quick trip to the grocery store and then back home to clean some more. Today my parents are coming in so we are getting ready for them. Sam woke up this morning saying his stomach hurt and so Jeremy let him stay home. I do not mind that he is home but he is so hyper today. He was whining about something he could not get to do and I told him that he should be at school. He then says, "Well mom it is just not fair that I have to wait and see Grandma and Grandpa, and besides I already know all my ABC's"

Thanksgiving Dinner at school


No comments: