Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

Today my sweet Emma turned 3 years old. It is hard to believe that she is already 3! She has grown so much the past few months and it is becoming clear that she is not my little baby anymore. Sometimes I will be holding her in my lap and it is still hard to believe that she finally made it home. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was wait for Emma to come home. There were times in our journey with her that felt hopeless and the heartache was too much to take at times. Emma finally made it home and I was not sure what I had gotten into! She was so stubborn and was so different from Sam that our parenting skills were really put to the test. Now all that waiting and all those difficult days seem like they never happened when Emma smiles at us or we hear her laugh. She really has become a sweet little girl and we can not imagine our life without her. I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this but Emma has a biological brother that was adopted about 2 years before she was born. The other family was contacted and whatever the situation they chose not to adopt her. It is amazing to me that God has chosen our children for us and He works through all the details to bring them home to our arms. Emma is a very special girl and we love her so much.
Well we do not have much planned for today. Gran is coming in a few hours to take Emma to lunch. I am going to finish getting my house back together. Yesterday I decided to give Samuel back his room. He is getting old enough now that he needs his own space. Emma and Chloe are back to sharing a room and Sam has his own room again. I am a little nervous about how they are going to sleep with the new arrangements, but they all slept good last night and the girls are napping together right now. So, I worked all afternoon getting the rooms switched and it was so much work. We are going out tonight for Emma's birthday. We are having her party on Sunday. Well the girls are waking up so I better go.


No comments: