Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I did not realize that it has been almost a week since I posted anything! Well we are all doing good. Sam had a great birthday. Friday we stayed in all day because Chloe was running a low fever and had a runny nose. Chloe was better Saturday morning but then Emma started with a fever. When Emma started running a fever I started looking for spots because I was sure that it was her turn for the chickenpox. We picked Jeremy up from the airport about 12:30. He had a great time but we were ready to have him home. Emma continued to run a low fever Saturday night and Sunday morning. I stayed home with her from church and she slept most of the day but her fever was gone by about noon on Sunday. By Sunday night she was acting like her normal talkative self. Monday was back to school for Jeremy and Sam after a long weekend so it was hard for them to get back in the swing of things. Friday afternoon I called Pleasant View Christian School and asked to be added to their sub list. I got a call Monday asking to sub for 2nd grade for Tuesday. I was really excited to get a call so soon. The best part is that Emma was able to go with me because, are you ready, EMMA IS FINALLY POTTY TRAINED!! I have been working extra hard with her the past few weeks but I did not mention it because I know I have posted a dozen times that she was potty training and we all know how that turned out. Emma was able to go to the three year old class. I was a little nervous because she has only been accident free for about a week and I was not sure how she would do in a new environment. She did great and did not have an accident. She was so excited to finally go to school. It was also really good for me to be in the classroom yesterday. I was kinda nervous because I have never taught 2nd grade and I was used to kids much younger, but I really enjoyed it. It actually made me realize how much I love teaching. We also got some exciting news about Samuel. He has been accepted into the Encore Program at his school. This program is for kids that demonstrate a higher level of learning and advanced intelligence. I am just so proud of him. Well I better get going. I have a ton of laundry to get done, but before I go I have a funny story about Sam. Since his birthday I think he thinks that he turned 15 and not 5. He has been saying things that sounds like a teenager. The other day we were at the store and he was looking at something and just talking away. I was doing something with Emma and he turns to me and says, "Excuse me Mother but our you even listening to me." Well this morning they were about to leave and Jeremy asked Sam if he wanted some cereal and he said, "No, I think I will stop for a biscuit on our way to school." We just started laughing. Well here are a couple pictures from yesterday. Chloe would not stay still long enough for me to get a picture of her that was not all blurry. I really miss my camera:(


No comments: