Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday, September 7, 2009

We have had a wonderful but exhausting few days. My parents and my Uncle Mike (who lives in Michigan) arrived at our house Thursday night. We went out to eat and then came home and talked for a few hours. We got up Friday morning and my parents, uncle, myself and the kids headed to our family reunion in Eva, TN. Jeremy had a white water rafting trip with our youth group so he was not able to go with us. On the way to the reunion we stopped in Big Sandy, TN to visit my Grandma and Grandpa's grave site. We go visit their graves every Labor Day weekend and my mom puts new flowers down. This weekend is always bittersweet because we love seeing all our family but we miss our Grandparents so much. Labor Day weekend was always about being with my Grandma. After we visited their graves we stopped in the town square of Big Sandy (which his not very BIG) and let the kids play on a red caboose they have in the middle of town. I guess it is on the site where the old train station used to be. My uncle and mom had so many stories to tell about the times they spent in Big Sandy with their parents. The picture below are from our time in Big Sandy. I still have not gotten a new camera but I used my mom's over the weekend and then uploaded them before they left. I actually have a bunch of pictures from the weekend that I will be posting over the next few days. We left Big Sandy and headed over to the reunion which is held at Lakeshore United Methodist Assembly in Eva, TN. They have the reunion there every Labor Day weekend. The kids had so much fun playing with cousin. We went swimming and played in the sand down by the lake. Chloe was not feeling well on Saturday so she kinda had a rough day. I am not quite sure what was wrong. She had a low grade fever and diarrhea on and off all day. She woke up Sunday and seemed to feel better and when we got back home she was back to her cheerful self. My sister and Isabel were able to come this weekend and it was so nice to see them. Sam and Isabel played hard all weekend. We got back home last night and my parents and uncle headed back home this morning. We are all pretty tired but we actually took the kids to the zoo for a few hours today. It was way too hot and way too crowded, so we only stayed a few hours. Everyone (except me) is taking a nap right now. Well here is the first round of pictures from the weekend.




No comments: