Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday, September 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUEL!!!
Today is the big day! My little boy is 5 years old. I can barely believe it. It seems like yesterday Samuel was this little baby boy being placed in my arms and capturing my heart. I know I have said this hundreds of times but Sam is such a sweet tender hearted boy. I am so proud of him. My kids birthday's are always filled with a variety of emotions and I have really been thinking a lot about Sam and Chloe's birth mother. This is Sam's first birthday with Chloe and I am humbled and a little overwhelmed that I have both of this woman's children. When we adopted Sam we did not have a whole lot of information about his birth mother, just the basics of her life. When we adopted Chloe there was so much more information about her and her life and most of it was about after her first child (Sam) was adopted. I cannot even imagine the heart breaking decision she made to give him up for adoption. From Chloe's paperwork you can almost feel her pain because she wanted to keep her daughter but because of her circumstances she once again made a loving sacrifice to give up her second child. It was and has been financially hard on us adopting both girls in one year but at the end of the day I am so thankful that after all the sacrifices Sam and Chloe's birth mother made that both of her children are together. I am sorry I did not mean to go into all of that, but it has been been on my mind this week and I guess it just spilled out. We are staying in most of the day. Sam has his spread of trains and cars all over the living room floor. I am going to make his favorite lunch and then we are going out with some friends tonight for supper. Oh, I forgot to mention that Jeremy made it safely to Dallas. He hates being away on Sam's birthday but I hope he has a great time of fellowship and renewal. Well I better get going. Have a great day!




No comments: