Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chloe has the CHICKENPOX!!

Well when Chloe woke up this morning I knew I needed to get her to the doctor. Sunday night when we got home she was feeling better but I noticed that she had a few little red spots showing up on her belly. They looked more like little bug bites or a rash. We have kept an eye on her and the spots yesterday and I noticed that she had a few more spots has the day went on yesterday but they did not really look like chickenpox spots. Well this morning she had four more spots and the ones she had Sunday and Monday had turned into little blisters and were extremely red. I was not sure what the doctor would be able to do if it was chickenpox but I needed to make sure that it was not something else that was connected with the diarrhea this weekend. So I called the doctor's office and they got me right in to see her doctor. He looked at her belly and did not have a doubt it was chickenpox. She had the chickenpox vaccine when she was came home but they now the chickenpox vaccine is given to kids when they are one and then again at 5 years old. The first shot is only 70% effective in keeping kids from getting chickenpox. Thankfully since she had the first shot it is a mild case and should not get too much worse. Some of the blisters did look a little infected so he gave me an antibiotic to make sure it does not get worse. Her ears were a little red too so the medicine should clear that up too. Now we have to keep the other kids away from Chloe the next few days. Sam should be OK because he has had both shots but Emma could still get a mild case of them. So please say a prayer for us. Here are a few more pictures of the kids from the weekend.



No comments: