Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

To say it has been crazy around MIddle TN would be an understatement. It started raining her last Friday/early Saturday morning and continued to rain until Sunday afternoon. I was near Opryland Saturday for that workshop and I was starting to get scared as reports started to come in that the Interstates were flooding and being closed. Several of the ladies at the workshop had to reserve a room because they would not be able to get home. The instructor of the workshop let the ones who could still get home leave early. The Opryland area is not flooded. I made it home safe but could not believe all the water. Sunday morning the road in front of our house was closed but we were able to get out and get to church. There were several times we thought we may have to turn around and go back home. After church we had to go to Clarksville. I had a severe reaction to the medicine I was on and the doctor had to call some different medicine in to the pharmacy. I had not gotten a chance to go pick it up and by Sunday morning the strep was back in full swing and I had to get some medicine. We were able to get home safe but was in shock by all the water and damage. I have seen so many floods on TV but it is so much harder when you actually know so many people that have been affected. Jeremy and some people from church are headed to Nashville this morning to see where they can help. Sam is out of school for the rest of the week and Jeremy is not sure when he will be returning. Please pray for all that have been affected by this flooding. It really is an unbelievable sight here in Middle TN. I got a video of the kids the other day and thought I would post it.




No comments: