Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday, April 29, 2010

This week has been a rough one and it is not over yet. Last Friday Chloe got sick again so I did not go into work. I went with my youth group team to our Bible competition and they did so good that we were at the Bible College until 10:00 that night. I have four teens that are part of a Bible Tic Tac Toe team. They lost the first game but came back and won 5 in a row. They made it to the championship game and the team they were playing had not lost so we had to play them twice to win the whole thing. We won the first match and it came down to one square to determine the winner. Unfortunately, the question that was asked our team did not know. They did awesome and I was so proud of them. We then found out that the first and second place teams go on to the Nationals which will be held in Oklahoma City in July. They were so excited. I got home at about 11:00 and collapsed into bed. Saturday the kids all seemed to be feeling fine and I tried to get some work done around the house. Jeremy was gone all day with the rest of the youth group. The kids were restless all night and we were up with them several times in the night. Sunday was church and then back to school on Monday. Monday afternoon I was not feeling well and I was at work until 5:00 because I had parent/teacher conferences. Tuesday when I woke up my throat was hurting. I had some more conferences that afternoon so I had a long lunch break. I called the doctor and decided to get checked for strep. Sure enough that is what it was. They gave me a shot and some medicine to take for the next five days. They also referred me to a ears, nose and throat doctor. They think I should get my tonsils out. I am not too sure about that. I have heard so many horror stories and I may just live with my sore throat. I came back to work on Wednesday and at about 10:30 Emma's teacher found me and told me that Emma was crying of an ear ache and that she had a fever. I called her doctor and got her in for an appointment. She has another ear infection. This is the fifth one since December. The doctor prescribed some stronger meds but told me that she needed to prepare me that this was the last round of meds they will give her and then we will need to have the TUBES talk. I went to Wal-Mart to get her medicine and they could only fill half the prescription and the other half would be ready today. I am still not feeling 100% but tonight is the Book Fair at Sam's school and we promised we would go. Tomorrow I have a training day here at work and then have another teacher's conference in Nashville from 2-5 and then 8-5 on Saturday. WHEW, I am more exhausted just listed all the things going on! In all the craziness I only managed to take one picture this week of Sam.



No comments: