Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank you all for your prayers concerning Sam and his ear. He is feeling so much better and is acting like himself again. I on the other hand have had a pretty rough week. It is mostly my own fault because I have been stressed out and because of my stress I have been in a lot of pain. My back and neck and most of my body has been hurting me all week, Last night was the first night all week that I actually slept through the night. I had to take some form of sleep aid every night but I still would wake up a few hours after finally falling asleep and would be hurting so bad I could not get back to sleep. I would use ice and heat. I would get in the floor and lay down but nothing was working. I actually found a couple of tennis balls and slept on them to take some of the pressure off the knots that had formed in my back. Jeremy thinks I should see a doctor because this happens quite often. I feel fine for a few weeks and then I can barely move from the pain. I can usually tell what triggers the stress but I am actually not sure this time. I guess some of it has to do with the recent sickness of myself and the kids. I think some of has to do with the fact that the school year is ending and I am not sure what I will be doing next year for employment. I think some of it has to do with the fact that seven of our teenagers from church are graduating and Jeremy and I are really going to miss them. The teenagers graduating were the 7th graders when Jeremy and I started working with the youth group. This Sunday is graduate Sunday and it will be very emotional for us. There is so much going on these days and it seems time is just flying by. I hesitated in saying this, but I will. Have you ever felt like something is about to change in a major way in your life? I cannot explain it but I just feel like the winds of change are about to blow. Obviously these feelings may just be from all the other things that are going on in our lives. Sorry for going into that little rant.

We have another busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow morning Jeremy and I are doing a 5K (I am walking) for his school district. Tomorrow night we have our special dinner for our Seniors. Sunday we have our Youth Service/Graduation service. It is going to be amazing and I cannot wait!! We have two seniors that will be baptized and it just thrills my heart to think about of these two teens have grown so much in the Lord the past year. After church we have a spaghetti supper to help raise funds for our trip to Oklahoma City this summer. After the lunch my tic tac toe team is coming over the house so we can work on our questions and then back to church Sunday night. Well here are two pictures of the kids taken at church Wednesday night. When we got to church some of the teens were practicing for Sunday and my kids were awestruck of the teenagers.




No comments: