Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last night was my nephew, Kaleb's, graduation. I was actually more emotional then I thought I would be. Kaleb was my first love. I was 14 years old when Kaleb was born. I thought it was so cool to be in Junior High and being an Aunt. That little boy changed our families life. My brother and his family lived across the street from us and we were always with Kaleb. At the age of 14 there are not many things that are important to you but Kaleb Scott Douglas was the most important thing in my life. When I was a junior in high school they moved back to TN and it crushed all of us. Two years later I left home and came to college in TN and was able to once again be apart of Kaleb's life. I have watched this little boy grow into a fine young man. He has struggled with many things in his life and his life is pretty turned upside down right now, but I see a strong young man who really wants to do what is right. I love him so much and I am thankful that he is in my life. He is a bit of a jokester and we were a little nervous that he would pull some kind of prank last night. The worse he did was he and some friends got some fake mustaches and wore them to get their diploma. Sam thought it was funny and tried it on after graduation. We had a late night because we did not go eat until after the ceremony. We went to the yummy pizza place and I am looking forward to eating some of the leftovers. Well, today is the last day of school and I am excited! I am going to work on Friday because they will be short staffed but I do not mind the extra money. Well, here are some pictures from last night. I love the ones of the kids and I think it is crazy that Molly looked at the camera as soon as I snapped the picture. She was not supposed to be in the picture but it turned out cute.





No comments: