Sunday, May 18, 2008




We had a good day today. After church we ate lunch and the kids and I took a 2 hour nap. We are recovering from our work from yesterday. We almost got the garage cleaned out. We have a whole wall full of stuff we will be taking to Good Will, so the garage will look better once we get that stuff out. Jeremy and Samuel were taking some trash to the dump and Samuel saw something in the van and said, "Dad, that belongs to Will." Jeremy asked him, "Who is Will?" Samuel replied, "I don't know. Mommy said it was going to Will." He thought we were giving our clothes and toys to a person named Will. It is so funny the things they pick up.

I thought today I would share about Samuel's graduation. Last week Sam had graduation from pre-school. He was so excited. I know it is just pre-school, but I was pretty emotional. I am so proud of my little boy. He is a hand full sometimes, but he is so sweet and kind. He is always a big help. The night of the program his class came out on the stage and I experienced maybe my biggest parent moment. Now do not get me wrong, I have many times I felt like a parent, but there was something about sitting among many parents and watching this little boy smile and wave and say, "Hi Mommy". It is moments like that that I am very much aware that I am his mother and he is my son 100% no matter how it became possible. His class sang a few songs and they recited James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." It was a very proud moment. 

1 comment:

Boo Boo said...

Thanks so much for creating the blog. Of course i love reading about the daily activities of the riggs tribe. I know you are so proud of Samuel. There is something so special about him. I enjoy hearing the funny little things that happen around the house. keep up the great stories and tell Samuel and Emma that Boo Boo loves them very much.
Love, Boo Boo