Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 ANother Snow Day

We had quite a weekend. Samuel's fever continued to stay around all day on Saturday. We were having a worship service at church Saturday night and I was pretty bummed that I could not go. I decided to keep the kids home that night and it is a good thing I did. Jeremy left about 4:00 to get things set up. Sam had been laying on the couch most of the day and had only eaten a few things. About 5:00 Sam stood up and started crying and then grabbed his throat saying it hurt. It took me about a second to figure out what was about to happen. I grabbed his blanket off the couch just in time to catch most of what he was throwing up. Unfortunately all of it did not make it on the blanket and there were two big spots on my living room carpet where Sam had thrown up. As I said, Sam had not eaten much but he had eaten some Valentine cookies that had red food coloring in them and we had given him orange Tylenol for his fever so I had two big RED stains on my carpet. I felt so bad for Sam but I was also in a panic about my carpet. He got sick two more times Saturday night but this time he hit the sink and the toilet. After I knew he was feeling better I started to really work on the carpet. I found some laundry stain spray but that was not making a difference. I pleaded to my Facebook friends and one of my friends told me to try to use baking soda, vinegar, and hot water. I sprinkled baking soda on the spots and then poured the water and vinegar on the baking soda. It made a really cool bubbling effect that the kids thought was neat and I was just praying it worked. It sat over night and thankfully it has faded and can barely tell where it happened. Sunday morning I stayed home with Sam and Emma but thankfully Sam's fever stayed gone most of the day. Sunday night I went to church and Jeremy stayed home. We then had about 15 teenagers over to watch the Super Bowl. We debated about having people over because of the sickies, but I had already purchased all the stuff for party. So I sanitized everything and thought it would be OK as long as Sam did not get in any body's face. Sam's fever came back Sunday night so we kept him home from school yesterday. Most of our teenagers were out if school yesterday so one of the girls stayed the night Sunday and stayed with Sam Monday. I went to work and then the sent me home at noon because they did not need me for the afternoon. I was pretty aggravated. I got a babysitter because I knew I could not call in and then I was only there for 4 hours. I came home and put the kids down for a nap. After they woke up I had to go to the bank. Yesterday afternoon it started snowing again here and has continued to snow all night and is still snowing. Jeremy and Sam's school district closed but my work was STILL open. Well I was not going to drive in this mess and Jeremy did not want to get all the kids out when they would probably send me home early anyway. I feel horrible about calling in but I know I have a legitimate reason. It is just crazy that they are open. I am trying not to worry about it but I still feel bad. I just figured that the $40 I made today was not worth risking my life:) So, we are all home today. I am going to finish my project that is due Thursday and maybe do some reading just for fun. Since I started my class I have not been able to read the books I have been wanting to read. Well here are a few pictures I took this morning of the snow and then one of Sam with his hair spiked up.







No comments: