Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12th is forever apart of my life. When February 12th rolls around I start to become filled with a variety of emotions. February 12, 2004 after 11 months of cancer treatments I sat at my doctor's office in Columbia, SC and was told there were no other treatments for me. The only way to get rid of the cancer was to have a complete hysterectomy. I was devastated. I remember being angry and was pleading with the doctor to try something else. With tears in his eyes he said he had already done more then most doctors would have done. We left the office and I remember crying harder then I ever had in my life. We got in our car and drove back the hour to our house and could not believe that this was happening. I was so upset and I needed to be with my family. My parents were going to be in St. Louis for the weekend at my sister's house so Jeremy and I bought our plane tickets and headed to St. Louis. You know the rest of that story. February 12, 2008 we boarded a plane and finally headed to Korea to pick up our sweet little Emma. It is actually crazy that it has only been 2 years since we left for Korea. It is weird how when you are going through the adoption you focus on all the things you are missing while your child is not home and you think you will always dwell on those moments, but I promise you once you hold your child you really do not think much about all the things you missed. Emma is three years old and I feel like she has been home for three years. Every day we are making new memories and we are so blessed to have her in our lives. Well Jeremy and I are going on a date tonight. Janna should be here any minute so we can go. Here is a picture of my three Sweeties.






No comments: