Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

We have another snowy day here. So that means we are stuck in the house again. We bought the kids The Chipmunks movie CD and the love it but I am rethinking my decision in buying it. They want to listen to it all day and it gets a little annoying. Well I was not going to post since I posted last night but I keep forgetting to share a story. I get asked many times about the kids and "if they are mine" or "are they adopted?" and other various questions and statements. Well last week when I took Emma to the doctor I had the weirdest conversation. The nurse that took us back was an older lady and from my first impression she seemed like she was new because she acted like she was unsure about what she was supposed to be doing. We got to the room and this is how the conversation went:

Nurse: Your children are beautiful. How old are they?
Me: Thanks. They are five, three, and two.
Nurse: So, what nationality are you?
Me: Huh, I am American.
Nurse: But your children look Asian
Me: They are Asian
Nurse: So, your husband is Asian?
Me: (a little chuckle) No, they are adopted from Korea
Nurse: What does your husband do for a living?
Me: (confused) He is a teacher
Nurse: Are you a teacher? You look like a teacher too.
Me: Yes I am a teacher
Nurse; Your hair sure is pretty
Me: (WHAT???) Um, thanks

It was so weird. I do not know if she was embarrassed because she thought I was Asian or what so she just started asking random questions. I am glad she was not giving any shots or anything important to my kids because I would have been scared. Anyway, I hope you all have a good day!

No comments: