Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I do not have any pictures to post but I thought I would get caught up on what has been going on around here. We had a pretty emotional Christmas break, but it was also good for my family to be together for a few days. It was especially nice to spend a week with my sister. Jeremy was gone all last week so it was nice to have some family with me to help with the kids. Jeremy was taking a class at Liberty University in Virginia. Yes, Jeremy is still going to school. He is working toward his doctoral degree in administration. He is doing most of it online but he is required to take several classes on campus. I want to thank those of you that prayed for him while he was gone and while he was sick. Monday night while he was away he got a migraine that lasted 14 hours and was miserable. He went to the ER and got some meds and was able to get back into his class. He finished the week strong and got back Saturday evening. Sunday was church and then we went to eat lunch with a dear family and then came home and got a nap. Yesterday was back to work for Jeremy and myself. Jeremy did not have students but he had a work day. The girls and I adjusted nicely to getting back to a routine. Today was the BIG day for Samuel and started his new school. He was really excited this morning but became a little unsure once we got to the school. The lady in the office took us to his classroom and on the way we met a girl who was laying on the floor SCREAMING that she did not want to go to class. Another lady pointed out that Samuel was going to be in her class and I think it freaked Sam out and he started acting weird. We got to his class and he clammed up. He would not talk to the teacher and his little eyes started to water and turn red. I was trying so hard to keep it together because I knew if I started crying it would be over. It was also crazy because I had both girls and Chloe was being crazy and Emma kept taking her coat off and trying to stay in the classroom. I finally got Sam to sit down and I just had to walk out of the room. I was so worried about him all day. It was finally time to pick him up and he was smiling and started to warm up after a few activities. His teacher met me at the door and said he had a good day. They did some kind of writing activity and she was blown away by what he had written and could not believe how much he already knew. After I picked Sam up I needed to make a Wal-Mart trip to get the rest of school supplies for Sam. I did not want to go with all three kids but I needed to go. We got to the store and I took Emma to the potty. She did not want to go but she sat down but I am not sure she went. She has been doing this thing were she should be going to the potty but she gets too busy doing something else. She has started trying to flush the toilet when she goes into the bathroom or finds something else and ends up going in the floor. OK, back to my story. I get her back in the buggy and we go back to the front of the store and she says she has to go potty. Sam was doing something and I was trying to get off the phone and get back to the bathroom when I see a puddle forming under the buggy! SO I her cleaned up and made it out alive and with all three kids still alive. Oh, I forgot to mention Chloe's little issue today. She hit another child in her class so the child bit her in the stomach. The other kid got a pretty good grip on her and actually drew some blood. I knew sooner or later she would start acting like she does at home:) I know you all that know her thinks she is the sweetest thing ever but she can be quite a brute sometimes. I think the lady in the office was shocked that I did not seem upset that she had gotten bit but I am hoping this teaches her not to hit anymore and I knew she would be OK. Well I am watching The Biggest Loser and trying to get some clothes put away. Thanks again to everyone that has been praying for our family and thanks for your prayers for Sam today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.