Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I did not realize that it has been over a week since I posted so I will try to give a quick recap of our week. We had a great time last weekend with the youth group. We have some amazing teenagers and it is so exciting to see God working in their lives. We are very blessed to have them in our life. The kids had a great time at Gran and Papa's even though Chloe had an upset stomach all weekend, I think it must be an anxiety issue with her because she does that every time we are away from her, She has not any problems since we picked her up. We got back Monday afternoon and Jeremy had an eye doctors appointment and them a meeting with some local youth pastors. The kids and I came home and tried to get everything put away. It was back to work on Tuesday and it was hard getting back in the swing of things. Wednesday I was only at work for about an hour and then I had to go to Nashville for a teacher training. I was a little aggrevated because I found out Tuesday afternoon that my work had signed me up for this training. I would not have minded except it was a non-paid training and I had already missed a day on Monday. So, Wednesday I drove to Nashville in the pouring rain and I had no idea where I was going. I finally found the church where the session was being held and then was there for a few hours. Thursday was a regular day and then I had class that night. Class is going pretty good. It is a little hard to study for the tests that we have each week, but I am working in studying whenever I have a free minute. I have been getting off work at 2:00 so I have been studying while waiting to pick up Sam. Friday was work and school and then we went to the grocery store Friday night. We also went to Sam's Club for a cheap but fun supper. We then came home and read the book "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and then we watched the movie. Sam and I camped out in the living room and had a fun time. We slept in a little bit but Jeremy and I both woke up not feeling well, My throat has been hurting the past few days and I feel pretty sluggish. I took a few hour nap and then felt a little better. We had a Life Group get together at some friend's house last night and it was so much fun. I was up several times last night with my throat hurting and Jeremy woke up this morning at about 5 and had a 102 temperature. He has been feeling horrible all day and his fever will not break. He has already called in for tomorrow. I am still not feeling great but I do not have a fever so we will see. One more thing before I go. Today at church we a had special speaker who is heading up something to raise money for Free Will Baptist Foreign Missions. Our denomination is doing something called Go 10 Walk. It basically is a retracing the steps of our first missionary, so the walk starts in GA and then goes up to New York and then back through Nashville and then through MO an into Oklahoma City. They are asking people to walk 10 miles and asking that each person try to raise $500. They have a donor who is going to match up to a half of million dollars so it is really exciting to think of what this would do to help our missionaries. Well, the road that this walk is following goes right through our town so I have decided to sign up and walk 10 miles of the walk. So I said all of this to say that I would ask that you pray for me about this. I like to walk but I have never walked 10 miles at a time. I would also ask that you pray about donating to my account. You can go to www.go10walk.com/kimriggs to learn more.





No comments: