Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14, 2010- Happy Birthday to me!

Today had been quite a day and I still have a long time left of this day. My day started out 10 minutes behind schedule when Jeremy decide to get up earlier and was still in the shower when my alarm went off. I know you may be thinking that I was glad to get the extra 10 minutes but that is not how I think when it comes to staying on my schedule. I hate being late. There are times that I would rather not show up at all if I am going to be late. Jeremy gets so aggrivated at me because I get beside myself if we are running late. I am not sure where this obsession with being on time (actually at least 5 minutes early) came from, but I am thinking it has to do with my Dad. My Dad is all about having a schedule and I am all about staying on time with that schedule. Ok, sorry back to my day. So I continue to get ready and make sure the kids get going a little quicker this morning to make up for the lost time. Jeremy left at about 6:30 because he was taking a day off to spend the day with a family in our church whose daughter (who is in our youth group) was having some tests done today at Vanderbilt and needed to get something together for his sub. At about 7:00 he calls and says he is on his way back home. I asked him if he forgot something and he has indeed forgotten something,he has all THREE car seats. He is in Nashville and we are supposed to be leaving in 15 minutes! Yes I realize in the large scheme of things this was a minor problem, but I was in a panic because I knew we would all be late this morning. Sam has to be at school at 7:45 and I have to be at work at 7:45 so I knew that one of us was not going to be on time. Well Jeremy made it back home at 7:30, he kept all the seats and took Sam to school and then dropped the girls off at my work. So we were all on time and I could settle down. Jeremy was in a hurry to get to the hospital so the plan was for him to pick us up when I got off at 2:30. Well at about 11:00 the lady in the office came to my room and said that they did not need me to stay this afternoon so I could leave at 11:30. That sounded great! Then I remembered that I did not have the car seats. So I text Jeremy's mom and ask if they could bring me the seats they have. Well Jeremy's dad was also at the hospital with this family so he had their car. She suggested that I leave the girls at the daycare and come to their house and get them. So I leave and go to Jeremy's parent's house and his mom is standing outside in her pajamas. She comes to the car and she has been locked out of the house with our her phone. She brought the seats outside for me to grab and the door locked behind her. To make matters worse my phone was flashing red that my battery was about to die and Jeremy's dad was not answering his phone to let him know that he needed to come home. I ended up taking her to a friend's house and Jeremy's dad could pick her up there. We had a good laugh. I finally got the girls and came home for about an hour so I could charge my phone. I was almost out of diapers and I needed to get some things for this weekend. We are going to Gatlinburg this weekend with our youth group. It is always a fun weekend with them. The kids are staying with Gran and Papa and will have a blast. Well I am not sure if I mentioned this, but I decided a few months ago that I was going to go back to school. So registered for a couple of classes this semester and unfortunetly the first one starts tonight. My class will be every Thursday night from 6-10 until April. I am pretty excited because I loved school and I love learning but I am also nervous and hope I can handle the load added. Well I better get going. Thanks so much for all the Birthday Wishes!

No comments: